Cleaning and Oiling Paulson Poker Chips
After a certain amount of use, your paulson poker chips will need to be cleaned and oiled. Like any poker chip, dirt and grime will build up with use. If you want them to look new again, you will need to clean them. This is a time consuming process. You may want to clean 50-100 chips at a time. 50 chips will take you about an hour to do.
Welcome to the great poker chip adventure episode one. This adventure will lead us to the exact poker chip set we are after. Come along for the ride by subsc. Poker chips are integral equipment, since they represent the currency used in each bet. Some important considerations when picking out poker chips are material and weight. The most popular materials for poker chips are plastic or composite for casual use, and ceramic or clay for casino or professional quality. Paulson Poker Chips. Paulson poker chips have a distinct look and feel to them. These chips are true casino grade chips. They have the exact same materials and design of chips that are used in most casinos around the world. Paulson is the undisputed leader in professional casino poker chip manufacturing.
- Custom Clay Poker Chips designed online utilizing our state of the art design platform allows you to customize your poker chips from one of our many templates, or build yours from scratch! If you don't have an artist's touch, have no fear as we have the best graphic designers in the industry.
- Over 50 styles of both custom and in-stock bulk poker chips or complete sets to choose from. Design your chip online or order in stock chips that ship the same day.
To clean the chips use a mild soap and water mixture and a soft toothbrush. Dip the toothbrush into the water and lightly brush the chip to remove any dirt.
Once clean use a towel to dry off. Then lay the chips out on another towel to air dry. Do not stack them.Cleaning Dont's
- Steam Clean
- Clean in a dishwasher or Washing Machine
- Soak in water
- Dry in an oven or microwave
- use abrasives, brillo pad or steel wool
OilingYou may or may not choose to oil your chips. We recommend it. But it is not necessary each time you clean your chips. It can be a little messy and time consuming.Benefits:
- Hydrates the chip to avoid becoming brittle
- Makes colors slightly more vivid
- Improves feel and sound of chip
Use only mineral oil. Don't use a vegetable oil. dab a little oil onto a cloth. Rub the oil onto both sides of the chip with the rag. set the oiled chips on a towel. After letting the oil soak in for a few hours, use a clean towel to remove any excess oil.
We spent over 30 hours researching and testing more than 15 different types and brands of poker chips and found that quality, materials, and amount of chips included in the set were the most important factors for consumers who were shopping for poker chips. Poker Chip Set by Trademark Poker scored high marks in all categories and is our overall top pick. This complete set of poker chips includes everything needed to have a great poker game. There are 500 chips in this set along with two decks of cards, and poker buttons so you can play Texas Hold’em as well as other games. These quality chips are made from composite resin with an insert to give it the feel of casino-quality clay poker chips.
Poker Chips Reviews
Playing poker with poker chips rather than cash is a preference many card players have. Quality poker chips provide a more authentic poker feel to your game that you just can’t get with cash. Not all poker chips are made the same. There are high quality chips that have a heftier weight, lightweight plastic chips, and everything in between.
With so many different styles and choices on the market it can be really overwhelming to figure out which poker chips are the best for your needs. We have provided you with a few tools that will make the whole process much easier. First, we have added reviews of the three top-rated poker chip sets on the market below. These reviews will share the features and benefits of these sets and why they are so good.
We have also included a buying guide that will give you much more detailed information on what to look for when you are shopping for poker chips, what features are available, and what you can look at and consider ensuring you choose a quality set of chips that will enhance your poker games.
19 products considered
15 products reviewed
30 hours reviewing
1. Trademark Poker
Best Overall Poker Chips
Trademark Poker offers players of all skill levels a set of quality poker chips that will take your weekly poker games to the next level.
There are four different colored chips representing four different values, 2 decks of standard-sized cards, and poker buttons too.
The pattern around the edge of each chip feature dice and stripes, alternating and are made from composite resin with an insert that provides that casino style weight and feel.
This set comes in an aluminum carrying case so you can keep your chips and other poker supplies safe and protected from damage.
The tray inserts that are included are covered with soft, velvety velour in black that is dust resistant. The purpose of this velour is to keep the chips and other parts of this set looking just like new. This is the perfect set of poker chips for adults and kids.
In addition to poker, you can host Blackjack games, Texas Hold’em, and others as well. Included in this set are 150 white chips, 200 red chips, 100 green chips, 50 black chips, 2 decks of standard-sized cards, 1 little blind, 1 dealer , and 1 big blind button.
– Jonathan Maxwell
Best Overall Poker Chips – Runner Up
This great set of poker chips and cards by Cardinal sets you up for a great night of poker that your friends will enjoy too.
Included are 300 poker chips that feature the professional weight and feel card players love. There is also a dealer button and one deck of poker cards included in this set.
The aluminum case is sturdy and provides a convenient, easy to transport place to keep all your poker chips safe.
Each poker chip weighs 11 ½ grams for the ultimate poker experience. Colors included are black with white, blue with white, green with white, red with white and white with blue; each chip represents a different amount. You’ll be ready for a great night of poker when you get this set; makes a great gift for any card lover as well.
– Jonathan Maxwell
Paulson Poker Chips
3. Pro Poker Clay
This deluxe set of poker chips and cards offer you and your friends the chance to feel like you’re playing in a casino for real.
🌟Play funny slot machines to relax and win grand jackpot! 🌟 ⛄Authentic Vegas casino now or never! Let us spin and win MINOR jackpot, MAJOR jackpot even GRAND jackpot!⛄ ★★★Triple Win Slots Features★★★ 🌟Get 2,000,000 FREE COINS as a welcome bonus！ 🔔Designed with REAL casino experience, fair and square, ensure the original slots game experience. ⛄Full of thrills. Have no hesitation to give it a try, you’ll adore Triple Triple Gold! You have all the chance of winning the big jackpot of your dream by playing such wheel of fortune as Triple Triple Gold under the production of such qualitative software development company as WGS Technology. It is well-known to suggest the best games in the industry and this is of them. The Olympus Strikes slot machine also boasts a three-option Free Spins Bonus. The reel layout is different for each one, with less free spins equaling more rows of symbols. Our experts had some success with the middle option, which grants 10 free spins and adds another row of symbols. You will find other amazing AGS slots to play for free below. Triple strike slot machine winners video 2020.
Best China Clay Poker Chips Recipe
The 14 gram, clay poker chips have that popular, heavy weight to them that feel good in your hands while you’re playing. They are perfect for regular, weekly poker games, tournaments, or just the occasional game too.
Included in this great set are 320 chips, 2 decks of plastic playing cards, 2 cutting cards, Jumbo index and more. These cards are washable as well as long lasting and durable.
You will also get a free poker felt, dealer buttons, and a sturdy, synthetic leather case reinforced with metal. This set makes a great gift for the poker lover in your life.
– Jonathan MaxwellSummary of Our Top Picks
These three top-rated poker chip sets contain high quality poker chips that offer the weight and feel of professional casino-style chips. All three selections provide you with plenty of chips for your games and come in convenient, durable cases that will keep the chips safe and contained.
Taking the time to sort through the numerous poker chips styles and sets available and find the ones that are high quality, heavy weight, and durable is a great way to end up with a set of chips that you and your family and friends love playing with every time you play poker or other betting games.
The right kind of quality poker chips will make playing poker and other card games much more enjoyable and authentic feeling. Once you are ready to purchase poker chips, considering one of the top three selections featured above is a great place to start. If you do not see the poker chips you are looking for in any of the top-rated selections above we have added 7 more choices for you to consider.
5. Da Vinci
7. Da Vinci 200
9. Fat Cat
Poker Chips Comparison
Pro Poker Clay
Da Vinci 200
Poker Chips Buying Guide
There are four basic types of poker chips that you can purchase. We have listed all four types below along with some information about each so you can tell the difference between them and decide which type you are looking for.
- Cheap Plastic Chips – There are two styles of plastic poker chips to choose from. The first set is the cheapest of all poker chips. They are very cheaply made and can be purchased anywhere for only a couple of dollars in some places which is why they have the nickname of “supermarket chips”. These chips usually come in red, white, blue, and do not have denominations on the chips themselves. These are great for kids that enjoy playing card games. But should not ever be used for adult poker games.
- Less-Cheap Plastic Chips – these super diamond chips are better than the supermarket chips. They are not flimsy like the above chips are and have a normal size and weight. They do not have any metal inserts so there is no clang when they are used. These chips are inexpensive and customizable. They do look like budget chips so if you are trying to make an impression and offer people serious poker games you won’t really accomplish that with these chips.
- ABS Plastic Chips – These chips are one of the most popular chips on the market. They are also sometimes called Dice chips since all of the chips have a ring of dice or card suits around the edges. The majority of these chips contain metal slugs that add weight to the chip. They have a slick, plastic feel and if they have the metal inserts will have a slight metallic sound to them. These can be used for home games and are not too bad to use. Although they are usually marketed as true casino style chips they are not. Most serious players won’t mind playing with these although you certainly won’t win any “wow” points.
- Composite Chips – The most common style of poker chip purchased for home games is the composite poker chip. They typically come in a set with cuts, a cut card, and dealer buttons. Depending on the brand, composite chips often have diamonds, card suits, or dice on the edges. The colors available match up with the industry standard and contain a metal insert inside each chip that gives it some weight. These chips are fine for casual, small stakes poker games. The composite chips with metal inserts are probably the most often purchased for serious home players that have regular weekly games. Many players feel they are a little too slippery to use and some players don’t like the ring these metal-inserted chips have as they are moved around.
- Ceramic Chips – Ceramic poker chips feature a porcelain feel that is smooth and are found in many casinos. They are very durable and long lasting and cost more than other types of poker chips. One popular feature of these ceramic chips is that they can have graphic designs put on the chips that others are not capable of.
- Clay Chips – This type of poker chip is considered the best quality there is and is the type most often used in casinos. Clay poker chips are easy to stack, do chip tricks with, and are the easiest to handle as well. They are the most expensive traditionally as well. Despite the common thought process that clay is the heaviest, the clay casino chips are usually only 8 or 9 grams per chip. There are some fake clay chips on the market that feel pretty good but they are not as expensive as real clay. If you are looking for some budget choices you can opt for the fake clay style but you may want to check out some customer comments to see what other players are saying about them before you commit to a purchase. Customer comments are a great way to see what people think that are actually handling the chips.
Poker Chip Weight
The weight of the poker chips you choose to purchase is largely a personal preference choice but there are some points that we can share with you that will give you some insight into the different weights and which ones are commonly used in poker games. Lightweight poker chips are going to be cheaper overall but if you are looking for chips that are durable and longer lasting, the heavier weight is the way to go. Heavier chips are also easier to riffle which makes them more popular. Common poker chip weights run anywhere from 7 ½ grams up to 14 grams and will vary according to brand, the casino’s preference, and style.
There are several different designs of poker chips that are commonly used in casinos and private play. We have listed them below.
- Standard – Many poker chip manufacturers offer different designs that can be imprinted on any poker chip. You can buy the ones already printed or for an additional cost you can provide your own graphic artwork so you can get customized chip designs.
- Stickers – Rounds stickers for the face of your poker chips can be purchased from different companies. You can choose stickers with designs or choose blank stickers and customize them on your computer. If you are going to choose stickers for your chips, purchase poker chips that have a recess in the center so the stickers are easier to apply and so they don’t get damaged by the players. Stickers are a great choice for chips that have battered faces. They are just stickers so there will be some wear and tear that will go on but make sure that you stick to the common colors and denominations instead of getting one color with different stickers to mark the differences. This prevents any dishonesty from occurring by anyone who gets ahold of stickers and can change the denominations and sneak them into the pile.
- Silver & gold foil stamping – Poker chips can be stamped with silver or gold lettering. This can usually just be done on chips that have solid color centers. Most people stamp the chips with initials or money denominations. If you have the denominations stamped on the face of the chip keep in mind that you won’t be able to change the value of those chips later on. Sometimes gold or silver stamping will flake off with wear, especially if the chips are lower in quality.
- Engraved chips – Having your poker chips engraved is a great way to make it possible to sneak chips into a game or counterfeit your poker chips. You can engrave anything you want on the chips for an additional cost that is usually configured per chip. Many people will have their place of business, name or initials engraved on the chip face. If you want both sides of the chip engraved this will cost double the amount.
How Many Poker Chips do You Need?
How many poker chips you will need for your games will depend on how big your poker game is going to be. It is a good idea to stock up on your poker chips so you will have enough for many different sized games without running short. You may end up with more chips than you need but it is better to have more than you need than not enough. The following amounts are recommended.
- 3 to 4 players – 200 chips
- 5 to 6 players – 400 chips
- 7 to 8 players – 600 chips
- 8 to 10 players – 800 chips
When it comes to choosing the right poker chips there are several things you will want to consider and think about. There are many different kinds of chips made from many types of materials which can make choosing one really overwhelming.
The purpose of this guide and the reviews we have included above is to make the process less confusing and provide the information you need to understand all the choices and narrow those down so you can purchase the right poker chips for your specific needs.
The three top-rated poker chip choices we have featured above are all good examples of quality poker chips that will enhance your games and provide a casino-style feel. All three selections are perfect for serious poker players and regular games, tournaments, and home games.
The knowledge you have gotten from the included buying guide has provided information about all the different types of poker chips, how much you should get for different sized games, what to look for when you start shopping, and other helpful pieces of information.
You can use this information to sort through the available choices and make a confident decision on the right set of poker chips that will last, be durable, and give you the authentic casino-style card games you and the other players want and enjoy.