- Receptionist Interview Questions
- Receptionist Jobs In My Area
- Casino Receptionist Hiring Indeed
- Dental Offices Hiring Receptionist
- Receptionist Jobs Hiring Near Me
- Receptionist Hiring Near Me
- Medical Receptionist Hiring
The receptionist interview questions you can expect are likely to be a challenging mix of behavioral-based interview questions, questions that explore your skills and experience and questions that evaluate your motivational fit with the company and co-workers.
Use our sample interview answers and guidelines to impress as the right receptionist job candidate.
Receptionist Interview Questions - skills and experience
Receptionist Interview Questions and Answers. The receptionist interview questions you can expect are likely to be a challenging mix of behavioral-based interview questions, questions that explore your skills and experience and questions that evaluate your motivational fit with the company and co-workers. To greet smile and welcome all guests to the hotel. 2.To provide an efficient and friendly check-in and check-out according to company standards. 3.To handle guest requests ensuring that all matters are dealt with efficiently and promptly taking preference over administrative tasks. 4.To inform all relevant departments regarding special guest.
1. How many calls did you take on an average day in your last job?
2. What sort of people did you interact with on a daily basis?
Highlight your ability to handle multiple calls and diverse customers while remaining professional and composed.
3. What sort of inquiries did you have to handle?
Describe the type of information you were expected to provide and to whom.
- Emphasize how you used your knowledge of the company and it's services to respond efficiently to these queries.
- Discuss the steps you took to find out information when you didn't have it readily to hand.
4. What were your primary responsibilities?
This is your opportunity to highlight your suitability for the job.
'I was responsible for handling a wide range of calls, dealing with everyone who entered the company, providing information to customers, answering queries, providing general administrative support to the company and monitoring the reception area'
Make sure you cover what is required by the potential employer for the receptionist job opportunity.
Receptionist Job Description
5. What computer skills do you have?
Describe your level of proficiency in the various programs you have worked with such as MS Office.
- Give an indication of the type of documents you have created.
- Refer to the office equipment, including telecommunication systems, that you are familiar with.
6. What are the most important skills for a receptionist?
Articulate your understanding of the role of the receptionist - you are the 'face' of the company and play a critical role in the customer's perception of the organization.
Some core competencies for this job are:
- communication skills
- the ability to handle stress
Other characteristics such as;
7. What are your strengths as a receptionist?
You can find a comprehensive list of employee strengths here. Highlight your strengths as they relate directly to the job opportunity.
8. What do you consider to be your weaknesses?
Mention one or two areas of weakness and discuss what you are doing to improve on them. This list of weaknesses and sample weaknesses interview answers at interview question weaknesses will help you.
Behavioral Receptionist Interview Questions
1. Tell me about a recent situation where you had to handle a difficult customer?
Communication is key to this answer. Discuss your ability to listen closely, to ask the right questions to be able to understand and meet the customer's needs. Customer service behavioral interview questions
2. Describe how you organize your tasks for the day?
The ability to plan and organize your tasks for the day is key to successful job performance.
Discuss how you prioritize your tasks each day to meet deadlines and demands.
- What systems do you use to schedule and keep track of your activities?
- What resources do you make use of?
Receptionists deal with many different demands. In your answer show how you are able to adapt to meet changing priorities and to multitask. Harrah's hoosier park racing & casino anderson indiana.
3. Tell me about a tough problem you had to sort out recently.
Focus on how you were able to identify and analyze the problem in order to come up with possible solutions. What information and resources did you use to understand how to resolve the situation?
4. Can you give me an example of where you used your initiative in your previous job?
Provide an example of where you came up with a better way to do something or made a recommendation for improvements in the current system.
- What changes have you implemented?
- How have you gone beyond the confines of your job description?
How to Answer behavioral interview questions
Receptionist Interview Questions - motivation
1. Why do you want to work as a receptionist for this company?
Make good use of your background research on the company to answer this question. Find a couple of specific reasons why you are interested in the organization. For example:
'Your company has an outstanding reputation for providing excellent products and customer service. I would like to be a part of this and, as a front-line receptionist, contribute to your standing in the industry'
2. What do you like and dislike about working as a receptionist?
Start with what you enjoy about the job and make your answer relevant to the duties involved in the position you are applying for.
- meeting and dealing with diverse people
- using your initiative to assist people
- providing a high level of customer service
Your dislikes should not relate to the job opportunity requirements.
- Avoid complaining about working conditions such as overtime and the office environment.
- Stay away from criticism of co-workers, your managers and customers.
The best way to handle the dislike question is to refer to the absence of something in your previous job such as the lack of opportunity to use your initiative or make decisions.
Receptionist Jobs In My Area
Expect common interview questions in your frontline receptionist interview
Top 10 Interview Questions
Behavioral Interview Questions
Receptionist interview questions to ask the employer
It is important to have some smart questions ready to ask the employer during and after your interview. Asking good questions shows a level of professionalism and interest that employers look for in job candidates.
This complete list of good questions to ask will help you draw up your own list of questions.
Recommended for you
View these related receptionist interview pages to stand out as the best prepared job candidate.
Secretary Interview Questions
Administrative Assistant Interview
What are the qualities of a good receptionist?
Gain a clear understanding of the receptionist role, responsibilities and skill requirements with these job descriptions.Medical Receptionist Job Description
Your receptionist job search
Casino Receptionist Hiring Indeed
To Top of Page
2021 Hotel Receptionist Job in Stoke-on-Trent at Alton Towers ResortAlton Towers Resort, Farley Ln; Alton
Stoke-on-Trent, STAFFORDSHIRE, ST10 4DB
We are the Alton Towers Resort and we are part of the magical Merlin Entertainments!
We are currently recruiting for Receptionists to join us in the Hotels at the Alton Towers Resort, the UK’s only attraction that specialises in making Britain happy!
Want to make a great big smiling first impression? In this crucial customer facing role, the Reception team alternate between our five Hotels and. It’s vital that the team work together as it’s the customers’ first and last impression that really counts. You’ll be responsible for taking ownership of any guest issues, cash and key handling as well as ensuring relevant guest information gets passed to the correct department.
Ask yourself these questions:
Are you enthusiastic, energetic and able to put a smile on guests’ faces?
Do you like working in a fast paced environment?
Are you able to deliver the ultimate in memorable experiences?
Dental Offices Hiring Receptionist
If you answered yes to these questions then you could be in with a chance of joining the team and enjoy some of the great benefits including a Merlin Magic pass, 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants, 40% discount online off Lego, and much more!
This role can be either full time or part time, fixed term, working weekends and bank holidays as required. Potential start and end dates and future opportunities to be discussed at interview on an individual basis.
We offer flexible opportunities, in a totally unique environment.
As you may be aware, we do operate an Employee Transport Service, and following the governments advice on public transport and social distancing, we are only able to operate a limited service. If you are applying for one of our roles, please do have an alternative method of getting to and from the Resort.
Merlin Entertainments is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all employees to share this commitment
About the Company
Company: Alton Towers Resort
Receptionist Jobs Hiring Near Me
Company Location: Stoke-on-Trent
Receptionist Hiring Near Me