- Poker Face Song Meaning
- Word Poker
- Definition Of The Word Poker Faced
- Definition Of The Word Poker Facebook
- : any of several card games in which a player bets that the value of his or her hand is greater than that of the hands held by others, in which each subsequent player must either equal or raise the bet or drop.
- Love is a waiting game, which requires nerve, concentration, and a poker face.: Clark chuckled as the farmer tried to hide his astonishment with a poker face.: When all was done he filled his pipe slowly and turned troubled eyes after poker face.: He had been interrupted at the crucial point in a game of cribbage with poker face and the cattleman's weak spot was cribbage.
- A poker face is a facial expression that does not show any emotion, a facial expression that hides one’s feelings by appearing blank or neutral. The term poker face comes from the card game of poker, which often requires a player to bluff, or make the other players think he is holding different cards than the ones he is actually holding.
Definition of poker face in the Definitions.net dictionary. Meaning of poker face. What does poker face mean? Information and translations of poker face in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web.
CAN YOU IDENTIFY LITERATURE’S FAMOUS OPENING LINES?
Origin ofpoker face
OTHER WORDS FROM poker facepoker-faced,adjective
Words nearby poker face
Words related to poker face
British Dictionary definitions forpoker face
Poker Face Song Meaning
Idioms and Phrases withpoker face
Definition Of The Word Poker Faced
A visage lacking any expression that can be interpreted, as in Whenever Betty attended one of her children's performances, she managed to keep a poker face. This term alludes to the facial expression of a poker player who is expert at concealing his feelings about his hand. [c. 1880]
Definition Of The Word Poker Facebook
1An impassive expression that hides one's true feelings.Everbuild blackjack liquid dpm oz.‘In Europe and North America, these display rules encourage vivid facial expressions of emotion; a poker face is generally regarded as dull or deceptive.’
- ‘Scott hid his grin behind a poker face - something he'd learned from Johnny.’
- ‘When we express our goodwill, we usually use a smile or a welcoming expression, not just a political poker face.’
- ‘He looked like he was brooding, but was hiding it behind the perfect poker face.’
- ‘Without comment, he took the two cards he needed, hiding his contempt behind his poker face.’
- ‘When he told me, I kept my poker face, but my insides went away.’
- ‘He kept a poker face, reported the facts, and protected his sources.’
- ‘My question is, when you know the contestant is giving you the wrong answer and a lot of money is at stake, how do you keep your poker face?’
- ‘‘Now you're sure you know the rules’ I asked them over the top of my glasses with my sternest poker face.’
- ‘Maguire walks this line with great skill and an unbelievable poker face.’
- ‘He called his boss at the forwarding company ‘stoneman,’ because his boss has a poker face.’
- ‘Does he regularly practice his poker face in front of the mirror?’
- ‘Students usually keep a poker face because they don't want to be called on.’
- ‘It's a poker face that's required in this game, and I've never been much good at cards.’
- ‘The joy of it is in the sweat and butterflies, the clamped lips and steely eyes of the poker face.’
- ‘‘Done,’ he said simply, sporting his best poker face.’
- ‘‘Well,’ putting on her best poker face, Jennifer continued.’
- ‘Years of practice in maintaining a poker face allowed him to take in his stride the invasion of his office by young women in light, summer dresses and a tale about one of them digging up a fortune while creating a winter herb garden.’
- ‘The thing is, I still have to put my poker face up.’
- ‘My hands shook from fear but I kept my poker face.’
- 1.1A person with a poker face.