Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles. 1 Ameristar Blvd. Charles, MO 63301. 636-949-7777 Gambling Problem? Call 1-888-BETS-OFF (238-7633) or Visit 888betsoff.com. The Kansas All-Star Scholars Fund is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization created for the purpose of supporting education and students in Sumner County and Mulvane, KS. 100% of its funding is provided by Kansas Star Casino, which has committed $1.5 million annually to support the objectives of the Kansas All-Star Scholars Fund. Kansas Star Casino is located near Mulvane, Kansas - just 10 miles South of Wichita KS and features over 1,770 slot machines, over 50 table games including Craps, Roulette, no-ante Blackjack, an Asian Gaming Pit, plus a live-action Poker Room.
- Kansas Star Casino Job Application Form
- Kansas Star Casino Job Application Online
- Kansas Star Casino Job Application Status
- Kansas Star Casino Job Openings
|Kansas Star Casino|
|Address||777 Kansas Star Drive|
|Opening date||December 26, 2011|
|No. of rooms||300|
The Kansas Star Casino is a casino and hotel in western Mulvane, Kansas, United States, owned and managed by Boyd Gaming. It is located on the west side of the I-35 (Kansas Turnpike).
In 2007, the state enacted the Kansas Expanded Lottery Act, which included authorization for four casinos to be built and managed by private developers, under contract with the Kansas Lottery. One of the casinos was allocated to the Wichita area (Sedgwick and Sumner Counties).
The law required a local referendum in each county before a casino could be approved. This requirement was waived for Sumner County because it had passed an advisory measure in favor of casino gaming in 2005. The referendum failed in Sedgwick County, leaving Sumner County as the area's only possible casino site.
Casino proposals in Sumner County were divided between Wellington, the largest town in the county, and Mulvane, which was 14 miles closer to the area's main population center, Wichita. The first round of proposals in 2008 resulted in the selection of Harrah's Entertainment over two other bidders, but Harrah's then withdrew because of factors stemming from the financial crisis of 2007–2008. A new selection process opened in 2009 and drew three applicants, but all eventually withdrew their proposals.
Casino online rio negro casino. A third bidding process opened in April 2010, again drawing three bidders. Harrah's and Peninsula Gaming each proposed a casino to be built in Mulvane, and Global Gaming proposed a casino in Wellington. Harrah's again withdrew its application, and Peninsula Gaming was then selected as the winner over Global Gaming in December 2010.
The casino opened in a temporary facility on December 26, 2011. The permanent casino facility opened in December 2012. The property's hotel, a Hampton Inn, opened with 150 rooms in October 2012, and expanded to 300 rooms in August 2014. The temporary casino building was converted to its permanent use as a 3,400-seat arena, with an inaugural concert by Daughtry in June 2013.
The casino has several eateries and bars, including a buffet, a steakhouse, and an Asian restaurant.
The Kansas Star Arena is a multipurpose entertainment venue that has hosted concerts by notable performing artists, as well as the Miss Kansas USA pageant, mixed martial arts events by Bellator MMA, and equestrian events including Championship Bull Riding and the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. The Event Center Ballroom is a smaller theater that presents more intimate shows.
- ^ abStephen Martino; William R. Eadington (2010). 'Allocation of Gaming Licenses and Establishment of Bid Processes: The Case of Kansas, 2008 and 2009'. UNLV Gaming Research & Review Journal. 14 (1): 43–44.
- ^'Kansas: Panel says Sumner County vote in 2005 qualifies it for casino'. Joplin Globe. AP. June 22, 2007. Retrieved 2014-11-27.
- ^'Sedgwick County voters decide against expanded gambling'. Joplin Globe. AP. August 7, 2007. Retrieved 2014-11-27.
- ^ abcStephen Martino; William R. Eadington (2010). 'Allocation of Gaming Licenses and Establishment of Bid Processes: The Case of Kansas, 2008 and 2009'. UNLV Gaming Research & Review Journal. 14 (1): 49.
- ^Kim Hynes; Rebecca Gannon (April 9, 2010). 'Chisholm Creek withdraws application in Sumner County'. KWCH-TV.
- ^'Bidding reopened for Sumner Co. casino'. Winfield Daily Courier. AP. April 24, 2010. Retrieved 2014-11-24.
- ^'Casino competition in Sumner County heats up again'. Joplin Globe. AP. August 23, 2010. Retrieved 2014-12-04.
- ^Robert Marin; Kim Hynes (September 8, 2010). 'Harrah's withdraws proposal for Sumner County casino'. KWCH-TV. Retrieved 2014-12-04.
- ^'Board: Mulvane site has more revenue potential'. Winfield Daily Courier. AP. December 16, 2010. Retrieved 2014-12-04.
- ^'New casino may draw 2 million-plus visitors'. Topeka Capital-Journal. AP. December 9, 2011. Retrieved 2014-11-21.
- ^'Peninsula's new Kansas casino nets $3.25M'. Telegraph-Herald. Dubuque, IA. December 31, 2011. Archived from the original on March 29, 2015. – via HighBeam (subscription required)
- ^John Stearns (December 21, 2012). 'Kansas Star Casino opens rest of permanent casino'. Wichita Business Journal. Retrieved 2014-11-21.
- ^John Stearns (October 30, 2012). 'Hampton Inn & Suites opens doors at Kansas Star Casino'. Wichita Business Journal. Retrieved 2014-12-05.
- ^Josh Heck (August 19, 2014). 'Kansas Star Casino Hampton Inn doubles room total with addition'. Wichita Business Journal. Retrieved 2014-12-05.
- ^Nate Jones (May 21, 2013). 'Kansas Star Arena will host multiple events'. Wellington Daily News. Retrieved 2014-12-05.
- ^'Daughtry plays for thousands at first Kansas Star Arena concert'(PDF). Kansas Star Casino Newsletter. July 2013. Retrieved 2014-12-05.
- Behind The Scenes At The Kansas Star Casino on YouTube, from Hatteberg's People on KAKE TV news
Coordinates: 37°28′09″N97°19′44″W / 37.46910°N 97.32878°W
The Kansas All-Star Scholars Fund is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization created for the purpose of supporting education and students in Sumner County and Mulvane, KS. 100% of its funding is provided by Kansas Star Casino, which has committed $1.5 million annually to support the objectives of the Kansas All-Star Scholars Fund.
Program Summary and Eligibility:
Class of 2020 Scholarships
Kansas Star Casino Job Application Form
Kansas Star Casino Job Application Online
Kansas Star Casino Job Application Status
More About Scholarships
Kansas All Star Scholars Fund receives 100% of its funding from the Kansas Star Casino in Mulvane, Kansas. The Fund seeks to support local students and the local economy. We believe this program will attract new families to Sumner County and promote education, while at the same time supporting local merchants and spur economic development, benefitting all of Sumner County.
An autonomous, non-profit Board of Directors oversees the administration of the program. This blue-ribbon panel is comprised of local business leaders, education leaders and recognized leaders from the state's higher education community.
If you have any questions, need more information or would like to reach out to the Board of Directors, please email [email protected] or call 316-719-5175.